Washington, D.C., December 15, 2005 - Today, Votenet Solutions Inc., the world"s #1 provider of online voting solutions to private organizations, announced the launch of over 25 new security features and upgrades, including its one-of-a-kind Secure Ensure Receipt System (SERS). These upgrades bundle the best and most advanced security technologies in order to mitigate risks and deliver a secure Web-based voting environment.
With an increasing number of threats, organizations require more comprehensive and reliable protection for their board elections and other voting activities. eBallot delivers a total solution via its Election Safety Octagon Methodology which delivers 6 multi-level security layers to protect 1) voters 2) ballots 3) election administrators 4) the delivery network 5) data and 6) election results.
"As an online election service provider, we"re an extension of our clients. A security breach or incident could ruin an online election and foster distrust amongst an organization"s membership. That"s why we devote significant resources to continually develop our world-class SOEL (Secure Online Election) architecture. Our recent upgrades deliver unsurpassed security and true peace of mind to our customers," Michael Tuteur, CEO of Votenet Solutions, Inc. said.
eBallot is the first online system to deliver a revolutionary paper receipt system that enables voters to print receipts after casting a vote. Paper receipts include a confirmation number, a date and time stamp, a list of choices made by the voter, and the unique eBallot seal and certificate of authenticity.
This new feature provides an added level of confidence in the online voting process, since each vote is tracked on paper. eBallot also offers secure access to these paper receipt files for auditing purposes. Clients and third party auditors can count receipts and verify results with ease and convenience while maintaining voter anonymity.
New Security Features
eBallot deploys several new security technologies, including several proprietary features developed solely for eBallot:
· Session Limits - This feature limits the length of time that a voter can view the ballot and limits the possibility that another voter could access a voter"s ballot choices.
· Paper Receipts - Provides voters with proof that their vote is counted; includes a record of their choices and a unique identification number.
· True128-bit Verisign Encryption - eBallot leverages the strongest encryption products to protect voter data and ballot choices. The voting interface is secured by 128-bit SSL security certificates so that data cannot be stolen, intercepted or manipulated while in transit from a voter"s computer to the election servers.
· Advanced Error Handling - Mis-marked ballots and choices that do not adhere to ballot-level rules are rejected; error prompts inform voters of mistakes and prevent them from moving forward in the voting process until errors are resolved.
· Integrated Ballot Scanning - After a ballot has been setup, our advanced technology reviews the ballot for logic errors and incomplete sections.
· Ballot Lockdown - This prevents ballots from being altered or edited once they are active.
· Administrator Intrusion Detection - Administrator entry logs show a history of each an every login and possible irregularities.
· Log-in Safeguards- eBallot safeguards against multiple failed log-in attempts into the election management administration area
· Full Redundancy - All networking components, SSL accelerators, load balancers, Web servers and application servers run in a redundant configuration. Mirrored, redundant Web servers host the eBallot software. If a Web server goes down, another server will immediately handle the traffic ensuring no downtime during an election.
· 24/7 Election Monitoring - Our servers are monitored 24 hours/day and our eBallot software is monitored to ensure that it is always on.
· Power Plus Database Security - Our databases are restricted to a limited number of points and our production databases do not share a master password database. This ensures against results tampering and vote changing.
· Hacker-safe Protection - eBallot is the only online election solution that has undergone independent security audits and received the designation of "Hacker Proof" from Scan Alert Inc
· Time and Date Stamps - Election Administrators can view each vote, including a time and date stamp that tracks votes to the second.
· IP Tracker - eBallot tracks the IP Address for each and every vote and can help Election Administrators to uncover irregularities or illegal block voting.
· Secure-Ensure Results - Real-time election results can be viewed during the election or hidden from view until voting has closed. Organizations can choose a setting that complies with their bylaws.
Because eBallot is delivered as a service through the Internet, all of these upgrades and new features are available immediately to eBallot customers.
"eBallot delivers the most secure online balloting process in the industry. While other providers try to shave costs by using shared servers, low-grade encryption and basic databases, eBallot offers state-of-the-art hosting, top-notch encryption, election monitoring services and a complete paper-based audit trail," Raj Naik, Vice President of Votenet Solutions, Inc. said.
About Votenet Solutions, Inc.
Votenet Solutions, Inc. is a Washington, DC-based ASP software company that provides self-administered online voting software solutions and election consulting to private organizations, including trade associations, award shows, realtor organizations, universities, K-12 schools, law firms, homeowner associations and other organizations.
With its flagship product, eBallot, and a variety of other software products, Votenet Solutions offers the most extensive portfolio of online voting solutions in the world. With hundreds of clients in the United States, Canada and in Europe, Votenet Solutions is the emerging global leader in the online election software and consulting market.
To learn more about eBallot, please visit http://www.discovereballot.com/ or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.